Monday, July 04, 2005

A Long Time Coming

Wow! It's been awhile since I last updated my blog. What have I been up to? Well to be honest I have been writing and deleting posts a lot lately. It is hard to publish my thoughts. I am my own worst critic. I do want to try and achieve some sense of truth and "realness". Revealing your "inner self" can be overwhelming and frightening. In addition to struggling over my blog and what it is I truly want to say, I've been pretty busy. I have finally completed the Beth Moore online study Believing God. For those of you who have walked through this with me, you know what an amazing accomplishment this was. Now I must go about the business of applying it to my life. Quite a challenge.
The five principles in the study are:
1. God is who He says He is--(I got this one)
2. God can do what He says He can do--(this one is easy when it involves everyone else...it's much tougher when it applies to me)
3. I am who God says I am--(what a challenge for me!!!)
4. I can do all things through Christ--(another tough one)
5. God's word is alive and active in me--(I really need to spend more time making this one more obvious and visible in my life)
The idea is that many people believe in God but don't really believe God. Do you? I find this very challenging. It was an amazing journey for me.

No comments: