Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Fullness of God

Living beyond yourself. How is that possible? Sometimes it is so hard to see past my eyes. I'm blind to what is below the surface. I see the limits of my body, my personality, my talents, my circumstances, my gifts. I see my failure. The failures of the past and all the failures to come. In those moments I feel paralyzed by who I am.
But...

I pray that the eyes of my heart may be enlightened in order that I may know the hope to which God has called me, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for me, who believes. Ephesians 1:18-19 (paraphrased)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen me with power through his Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:16-19 (paraphrased)

That I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Amen

Truthfully when I first wrote the beginning of this blog I did not immediately follow with these verses. Days passed that were filled with the fullness of despair. But I resolved to make spending time with God a priority--a greater priority. And I discovered a new way to do it. A la Beth Moore. Pouring Out to make room for Pouring In. My daily specific confession followed by an acceptance of His forgiveness and an acknowledgement of the righteous He had given me has been amazing!!! Beating the day to the punch and unburdening my sin has filled me with a greater peace. Pouring out my concerns...I'm afraid of...I'm anxious about...I need... All of this provided much needed space for God to pour into me. I tell Him. I tell Him everything. All of my failures and weaknesses. All of the ways I know that I can never measure up. All of my hurts and fears and struggles. I tell Him that I can't do it.

He is teaching me that He can. He has the power. He has the Love. He has the strength. And all I need is Him.

No comments: