Thursday, June 19, 2008

Insomnia

I'm awake. Not really by choice. I'm up by choice. However, if I were laying down on my soft comfy bed, I would still be awake. So, I'm improvising neat things to do on the internet. First I did all of the routine things all of you would expect. I checked my email. I checked my blogs. I surfed through all of my usual hangouts. Then I went to myspace. I searched for my brother, my cousins, long lost friends. Then I googled them all. I found an email address for Aaron Foor. Quite exciting since I've been trying to reconnect with Emily for ages. I also found Janette Gleim. She was in my wedding. So, I shot off a random, 2am email to her. Turns out she lives near Denver, CO. Which is one of the top places on our list of lovely places to move. Interesting.
I wish I could email Gage. I have googled him in the past but in fairness he isn't really old enough to have accomplished Google worthy fame. I'll keep trying...
Yesterday I went swimming. It was the first time I've gone swimming since I was diagnosed. It was a lot of fun. It cost me soooo many spoons. I came home, had Dan BBQ hamburgers, and crashed at around 730pm. I slept straight through the night. 13 hours of sleep. I barely made it through today I was so weak and tired. I think I'm so exhausted that I can't sleep. Only people who have ever experienced this will understand it.
I should probably pull out the big guns...yoga breathing and classical music. I really do need my sleep. Tomorrow is another day of mandatory rest and recovery in the regime of "Pace Yourself". I'm supposed to try to do less than nothing. It's harder to accomplish than you think...

No comments: