Monday, August 22, 2005

First Day

Today was our first day of homeschooling. I think it went fantastic. It was actually a lot of fun for me. The only problem we had today was the length of time it took. I think this is because it is new to us and we haven't perfected our schedule. And the fact that Dan--who is going to be gone until Friday--kept popping in and out of the house today, getting ready for his trip. Hopefully tomorrow will go a little smoother and quicker. The math we are doing right now is really easy for the kids. The curriculum is set up differently than public school. So, I am hoping to fly through the early lessons (stuff they already know) and get to the tougher ones more quickly. My plan is to get them both through two levels this year. What a goal!!! Hey, math is FUN!!! I love it anyway. We are learning about Astronomy in Science. And our reading program is amazing. For history we are studying all of the events that occurred during the life of Augustus Caesar, in a book called Augustus Caesar's World. Hopefully we will be able to use the book Our Young Folks Josephus, as well, but it has to actually get here first. And we'll have to see how it goes. We have a lot planned but I keep reminding the kids--especially Bradley--that this is for the entire year. We aren't climbing the mountain in one day, or even one month. I hope that the kids will be able to enjoy their education this year. After all they have the best teacher in the world...me. :)

No comments: